Design Addict

Cart

Eames Lounge chair ...

Eames Lounge chair and Ottoman (Not as comfortable)  

RSS

Lenox
(@lenox)
Famed Member
17/05/2014 2:26 am  

I finally purchased one of these chair and ottoman sets and I have determined that they are not as comfortable as I had anticipated.

Perhaps I am just too tall for this chair. If anyone has a Fritz Hansen Egg chair and would like to trade let me know.

Peace be with you, Lenox

tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
17/05/2014 3:02 am  

You just haven't yet found
the proper seating position.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
17/05/2014 4:11 am  

Great snappy, tktoo.
Now lenox, what's not fitting correctly? Is it a new model? They take some time to loosen-up. Aside from not being the easiest chair to enter/exit, I do find it to be quite comfortable (. I'll bet it looks sweet amongst your fab collection of mid-mod.
I blame yaR,
Aunt Mark
ps I'm almost 71 inches tall.

ReplyQuote
Lenox
(@lenox)
Famed Member
25/05/2014 12:10 am  

New
Yes, this is a new Palisander Chair and Ottoman in white all grain leather. My wife seems to enjoy it, however, she is only around 5'4". As I stated before my upper torso rest above the back support which decreases any possibility of resting my head, naturally.
With this in mind, I have found the bird chair to be a bit more comfortable. We may keep this chair and at some point purchase an egg chair with a tilt function.
Until then I will sit in this chair as much as possible in order to "break it in."

ReplyQuote
kin1117
(@kin1117)
Famed Member
25/05/2014 1:08 am  

Interesting pix tktoo. Looks ...
Interesting pix tktoo. Looks like the chair is at a 90 degree angle though. It'd be so hard to sit in that comfortably maybe unless you sit like hr guy in the pix does.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
25/05/2014 2:24 am  

Hi Lenox.
Thanks for adding a snappy. The chair looks so sweet in your "killer" room. What a nice mix of designer pieces. Now... move that Eames walnut stool over next to the new Eames Lounge...and feel the love. It'll settle down.
Cheerio and blessings,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
25/05/2014 4:49 am  

It's an old photo of Jim Henson.
I remembered seeing it years ago and it sprung to mind when I read Lenox' complaint. What's funny to me is that I've often found our 20-year-old daughter in nearly the exact pose on our set.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
25/05/2014 4:51 am  

Hmm
I think your problem was getting it in white leather. Brown or black would be much more comfortable.

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
25/05/2014 5:26 am  

!Bahahahahahaaaaaa!
You made me laugh woody.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working