Eames Compact sofa

Eames Compact sofa  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS

asawa
(@steve-aldanagmail-com)
16/02/2011 9:10 am  

1stdibs
There's one on 1stdibs for $1800. I'm sure they would take $1500 if you showed up with cash in your hand. It's in Palm Springs, which isn't far from San Diego.
http://www.1stdibs.com/furniture_item_detail.php?id=482293
http://www.1stdibs.com/furniture_item_detail.php?id=482293

ReplyQuote
EamesJunkie
(@eamesjunkie)
Honorable Member
16/02/2011 9:57 am  

I suggest...
that you ask around at stores in SD. Most of the modern dealers (Mid Century, Boomerang, Klassik, Ambiance, Atomic Bazaar, Design One...) have a 'wish list'. When one pops up they will let you know. I'm in SD too so I will keep an eye out for ya. 🙂
Good luck!

ReplyQuote
marcusmarkus
(@marcusmarkus)
24/10/2013 8:01 pm  

advice for stuffing Eames?
I have a Compact like the white one in the post above, but mine is black.
The two back panels are good, but the seat has been losing its stuffing over the years - its like an orange sawdustish material.
Anyone have any idea how I can get it restuffed? Where, perhaps? And an approx price for doing this?
I'm in washington dc.
Thx in advance.

ReplyQuote
fastfwd
(@fastfwd)
Illustrious Member
25/10/2013 4:14 am  

What you're seeing is latex foam powder.
When latex foam (aka "foam rubber") gets old, it hardens and eventually turns to powder; the sofa wasn't stuffed with that powder originally.
Any competent upholsterer should be able to open up the cushion, remove the deteriorated foam, and replace it. If you can't find an upholsterer who specializes in modern furniture (or even if you can), bring a photo of a sofa in perfect condition so he can see how the cushion is supposed to look: square and flat, not rounded and overstuffed. The foam should be firm and thin, not soft and thick.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register