Do you have any Pau...

Do you have any Paul McCobb?  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

barrympls
(@barrympls)
Illustrious Member
07/03/2009 5:32 am  

I have the kitchen table in black with two black 'arm' chairs and two 'side' chairs in walnut.

I also have a couple of tables and a pair of single drawers in black with the round aluminum pulls. On is attached with legs and the other is sitting on a low base, so they're in use as bedside tables.

I'd love to find a McCobb Calvin or Directional coffee table, but they're all too long for my loveseat.

dcwilson
(@dcwilson)
Illustrious Member
07/03/2009 7:33 am  

McCobb desk...
Very simple. Not the earliest. Blonde wood. Alas, no chair.

ReplyQuote
azurechicken (USA)
(@azurechicken-usa)
Illustrious Member
07/03/2009 7:53 am  

The simplest MCCOBB is great...I have the long cocktail table travertine...the square small travetine.Three of the square stools those are really popular (crossover designs)with the (hollywood regency style types) love them.I think he is one of the most underated designers...The plainest side chairs, Planner group,very shakeresque I have half a dozen or so...plus a few case pieces and sideboard Planner line.They are well made within a price range...I try to hook friends on McCobb:)

ReplyQuote
barrympls
(@barrympls)
Illustrious Member
07/03/2009 5:55 pm  

Here's
a pix

ReplyQuote
LuciferSum
(@lucifersum)
Illustrious Member
08/03/2009 12:09 am  

I have a
I have a coffee table that I designed and made. It was only after it was complete that I realized it was, in fact, a McCobb design. Incidentally the table was made entirely by hand without any power-tools.

ReplyQuote
mommapud
(@mommapud)
10/03/2009 11:44 pm  

planner group pieces
I have a couple from this line, my first real step up from the Swedish store 😉 and now I'm becoming obsessed with mid century modern/modern design, if only I had the pockets to go with it.
I have a low modular bench with a single and a double drawer on top, and a twenty drawer dresser, and love them.
Bought from an amazing estate sale where the house was full of amazing mid-century pieces that the old fella had had from new. I don't think I'll ever see an original collection that good again, was good to be there.
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/107-Deerwood-Ct-Chapel-Hill-NC-27517/5...

ReplyQuote
barrympls
(@barrympls)
Illustrious Member
10/03/2009 11:54 pm  

Wow...nice house and nice furnishings
what else did you buy from this house?

ReplyQuote
mommapud
(@mommapud)
11/03/2009 12:02 am  

I wish there were more photos
we bought the lucite chair and a george nelson lounge bench thingy haha and one of the chaps' neon sculptures, feels right to keep one of them with his furniture, sentimental I know.
If you look up the address and "estate sale" there are one or two pics of them, keep bumping into a load of folks that were there, nice bond though, it was special. Had to be quick to get those tags, didn't help that is was our first ever tag sale and were clueless (we're Brits). Wish we'd been more on the ball.

ReplyQuote
mcmfinds
(@mcmfinds)
11/03/2009 1:24 am  

McCobb globe!
I just found a McCobb earth globe! Simple yet elegant. I've had some of his planner group series and loved them. A great designer! I would love one of his low benches with the drawers.

ReplyQuote
azurechicken (USA)
(@azurechicken-usa)
Illustrious Member
11/03/2009 5:20 am  

I question the globes no one seems to have period verification that those are McCobb...Ive asked a number of people...

ReplyQuote
straylight
(@straylight)
Noble Member
28/12/2009 7:21 am  

Replogle/McCobb
I am currently researching a book on Paul McCobb so naturally the earth globes came up in the course of my research.
Since the globes themselves are made by Replogle the natural thing to do was to contact Replogle and see what they could tell me about Paul McCobb. Replogle has an excellent and very efficient history department.
The upshot of it was this.
Replogle never contracted with Paul McCobb to design globes for them.
Replogle never sold globes/bulk materials to any of the possible manufacturers that could have made the globes i.e. Directional, Calvin Furniture, Northcraft, Excelsior Art Studio, Winchendon.
Also of note is the fact that the Replogle globes used in these floor/table standing globes commonly attributed to Paul McCobb are easily dated 1970-1972; 1 year after Paul McCobb's death...
http://paulmccobb.blogspot.com

ReplyQuote
Kippie
(@s-reichlinatt-net)
12/05/2010 9:06 am  

Four Chairs
We have four high backed chairs with arms. Two are ebony finish abd two are natural wood. The spindles go from the seat to the head rest.

ReplyQuote
mario
(@mario)
Noble Member
12/05/2010 11:20 am  

Custom ordered McCobb bench.........
I was fortunate to purchase a group of Planner Group modular pieces that were all used on the same custom 72" bench. The owner also sold me two fabric panels by McCobb for riverdale 1953 called "Hexagonal".
Has anyone seen any other 72" benches?
Paul McCobb blogspot is an excellent website that chronicles McCobb design time line with great detail, and is run by a very smart gentleman named Jonathan........check it out!

ReplyQuote
mario
(@mario)
Noble Member
12/05/2010 11:23 am  

Mccobb fabric
1953 riverdale "hexagonal"

ReplyQuote
wynnia
(@wkerrstoel-com)
12/05/2010 11:27 am  

North Carolinia Tag Sale
Wow, that old guy in NC had the goods. Who would have guessed inside that house was a cool interior design collector. Inspires me to waste more time at tag sales.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register