Design Addict

Cart

Coffee table id  

RSS

garbonsai
(@miller-blairgmail-com)
21/02/2011 6:22 pm  

Normally, I'd prefer not to be that person who registers to a forum, asks a question, and is then never heard from again. That said, my Google-fu is failing me, as is my own memory. I know I've seen this coffee table somewhere before, but I can't for the life of me figure out where?I have a feeling I'm going to go all red in the face when someone gives me a nudge in the right direction.

The glass measures 42" square by 9/16" thick. The base has no markings that I could find, and is formed from four pieces that are held together with a flush black hex screw/bolt at each of the four junctions. It measures roughly 15-1/2" tall. I can't remember the width of the base off the top of my head.

Any ideas? I believe it's rosewood, but I'm not even sure about that.

Td
 Td
(@td)
Eminent Member
21/02/2011 6:46 pm  

table
It is indeed rosewood. Selig. 1960s. Hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
garbonsai
(@miller-blairgmail-com)
21/02/2011 8:20 pm  

Somewhat
Hey, thanks! That does indeed help some. At least I now know who and when. Google still isn't giving me any additional details, or even photos of another similar table, but who knows... maybe I can tease something out of them yet.

ReplyQuote
andrea1
(@jitty-oostergagmail-com)
Trusted Member
21/02/2011 9:31 pm  

I would like to know more as well!
Well TD, you must know more, who is the designer? I would really appreciate this knowledge.

ReplyQuote
Td
 Td
(@td)
Eminent Member
22/02/2011 6:18 am  

Sorry...
I had one in the 80s, later I saw a mid 60s Interiors magazine with an ad by Selig that showed it with 2 other tables, no designers name but it did state the wood as rosewood. The inset is brushed aluminum. Good luck.

ReplyQuote
andrea1
(@jitty-oostergagmail-com)
Trusted Member
22/02/2011 7:28 am  

Thanks TD!
Really appreciated.

ReplyQuote
garbonsai
(@miller-blairgmail-com)
22/02/2011 6:34 pm  

Thanks TD. Still no luck...
Thanks TD. Still no luck finding any further information, but so it goes. I'm still trying to decide whether I like it enough to keep it, or whether I just want to turn around and resell it to someone who'd appreciate it more.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register