Cart

Barcelona chair (kn...

Barcelona chair (knoll version) images needed  

RSS

mel_lar
(@mel_lar)
Eminent Member
27/01/2007 9:24 pm  

can anybody help me with this? need images of the orginal knoll version, signature, straps, leather, buttons and frame.

thanx
m.

LuciferSum
(@lucifersum)
Illustrious Member
28/01/2007 12:10 am  

Email
have you tried contacting Knoll? Or been to their website?
http://www.knoll.com/products/mediafinder?srch=broad&priv=0&keywords=Bar...

ReplyQuote
mel_lar
(@mel_lar)
Eminent Member
30/01/2007 12:41 am  

well i have tried, but they j...
well i have tried, but they just refer to the website. i know from experience, the bigger the company, the more basic, from the shelve info you'll receive. standard procedure within their customer service department.
therefore this request. anybody?

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
30/01/2007 8:22 am  

barcelona chair
I am picking up two barcelona chairs in the morning that are knoll international from the 60's they have a thinner profile than the reproductions .,
that are thicker the original ones were made in stainless steel and knoll still makes two kinds one in stainless for around 3500 and 5000 for chrome very expensive they are seemless a lot made in the 60's were made by Gordon and they had the screw sides.
The ones i bought are real leather but the foam has turned to corn meal and they wiil cost around 500 to redo
each set of pads . ( don't be afraid to purchase a good reproduction from
alphaville for 650. they are great and I own a sset you can get them from furniture fancy

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@warhola98yahoo-com)
30/01/2007 10:42 am  

re: knoll barcelona chair
There is an excellent one page article on the authentic Barcelona chair, including photo and full details of sizes of buttons, strapping etc. This is featured in a fairly recent issue of Living Etc., - let me know if you want me to trawl through and identify the exact issue for you.

ReplyQuote
mel_lar
(@mel_lar)
Eminent Member
30/01/2007 12:25 pm  

wayney: yes please! that...
wayney: yes please! that would be great, thank you so far.
LRF: thank you for this additional info. since i am privately working on something regarding the barcalona chair, i can use all the info's on all possible manufacturers. it seems you are very well informed. do you know where the alpaville version is being produced (country, city, name of the plant)? images on their website show stitches on the sides, which of course loooks a bit cheap.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register