Cart

Any idea who the de...

Any idea who the designer might be?  

RSS

Crankypants
(@crankypantsshaw-ca)
27/06/2013 9:43 am  

Hi There,
I bought this rocking chair for my niece and have always wondered who might have made it and where it came from. I'm not even sure what it is made of. I checked in with Adrian Pearsall's family and they don't think it was one of his designs. I found it in Vancouver, BC Canada. Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60245359@N04/sets/72157634352582468/

MichaelKelley
(@emarketingbrightchoicelighting-com)
27/06/2013 2:57 pm  

HI
Hi, this design is looking nice and I am too curious to know about this designer and from where to buy this as it is really beautiful, I hope to get more information about this.

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
27/06/2013 6:22 pm  

What kind of wood is it?
Can you post a close up shot so that we can see the wood grain? That might help narrow down the region of origin.

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
27/06/2013 9:39 pm  

One aim of every
rocker design is to keep the chair from overturning backward; this design seems ill-equipped in that regard . . .

ReplyQuote
Jimbo
(@jimbo)
Eminent Member
27/06/2013 9:43 pm  

I agree with SDR but it...
I agree with SDR but it looks like one would sit rather low in this chair. Maybe your legs would be out in front on you and that would keep you from going over backward.

ReplyQuote
Crankypants
(@crankypantsshaw-ca)
29/06/2013 10:01 am  

For Michael Kelley
I am selling it right now for $ for my niece's college fund. $450 obo. Vancouver, BC.

ReplyQuote
Crankypants
(@crankypantsshaw-ca)
29/06/2013 10:10 am  

Re:Question about the wood types.
It is 2, possibly 3 different types of wood. Some looks very purple-ish rosewood, some looks like a dark teak, and some may possibly be walnut. I've added a couple close-ups of the wood to the fickr set.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/60245359@N04/

ReplyQuote
Crankypants
(@crankypantsshaw-ca)
29/06/2013 10:12 am  

RE: About the possibility of tipping backwards.
Actually, there is absolutely no risk of tipping backwards in this chair as the centre of gravity shifts forward once it is sat in. We have discovered it is far more comfortable for taller/bigger people than petite ones. It also is more comfortable with a bolster or pillow at the back.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register