Design Addict

Cart

1950s/60s 'atomic' ...

1950s/60s 'atomic' items with ball feet  

RSS

atomicresearch
(@atomicresearch)
26/08/2013 8:56 pm  

Hello! I am a researcher working across the Royal College of Art/Victoria and Albert Museum History of Design Department and the Science Museum. I'm looking to interview anyone near or in London who owns any 'atomic' furniture (even if it is just one object), the kind usually made of wiry metal with wooden or rubber balls on the feet or at the end of hooks - such as a magazine rack or coat stand. Please get in touch if you are interested in participating.

D-String
(@d-string)
27/08/2013 4:31 am  

Will this do?
I have an original Sputnik Pendant Light - in a box under the stairs and too much spare time at the mo.
Happy to get involved if I can help.

ReplyQuote
onegroovydude
(@onegroovydudegmail-com)
Famed Member
27/08/2013 7:17 am  

This sounds fun....
Until they show up, tie you to the heater, and clean the whole place out. The research went well.

ReplyQuote
cubby01
(@cubby01)
Reputable Member
27/08/2013 7:51 am  

OGD, LOL,...
..but I'm pretty sure said interview can take place via a phone call or even email. Unfortunately the only visually 'atomic' design stuff I have is in the form of china and glassware, nothing 3D. I think I had an LP rack at one time that would count but it's long gone.

ReplyQuote
onegroovydude
(@onegroovydudegmail-com)
Famed Member
27/08/2013 9:21 pm  

Cubby...
Lol. I kinda figured they wouldn't go there. I just like to joke around... a lot. The only time I really get serious is if we're talking shop, or getting in a debate...
Usually though if I say something, it's in a joking manner. Airplane, Naked Gun, Top Secret, Burns and Allen, Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Monty Python, Married With Children type humor. Served up dry, and lightly sarcastic, with a classic Vaudeville Shine.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@paulannapaulanna-homechoice-co-uk)
Illustrious Member
27/08/2013 11:04 pm  

Balls
I'm quite fond of a bit of atomic, in moderation.
Maybe if you explain more about what you are doing?

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@teapotd0meyahoo-com)
Illustrious Member
27/08/2013 11:36 pm  

atomic
Are you just looking for examples of this style of design?

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register