Design Addict

Cart

Wegner Cigar chair ...

Wegner Cigar chair fake replica ? Please help !  

RSS

Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
10/01/2023 9:47 am  

what is this ?

1673340472-1.jpg

lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
10/01/2023 3:04 pm  

@andersen. Could you post more pics? In particular from the back of the chair and the chair without cushions. Thanks.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
10/01/2023 3:51 pm  

sorry, it's just a bad chair of low quality. thanks anyway. cheers

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
10/01/2023 4:12 pm  

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
10/01/2023 6:38 pm  

wow, there is always something to learn here... amazing eye. I don't think I am really interested after having seen the construction, but the back looked somehow of a different wood then teak. Thanks

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
10/01/2023 6:39 pm  

by the way, who is this Moreddi ? I never really paid attention to this name, as it sounded too Italian to be taken seriously for danish-like furniture ?

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
10/01/2023 6:58 pm  

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
10/01/2023 9:05 pm  

ok, so Moreddi was a US company that imported furniture from Denmark. Who made that furniture in Denmark remains unknown ? This could explain quality, from what I have seen on this chairs, rather on the lower end...

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
10/01/2023 10:08 pm  

These have often been misidentified (unintentionally or otherwise) as Grete Jalk for France+Son. lol!

There are similarities, but... Perhaps vintage knockoffs?

@minimoma Best thing from that archived DA thread: Morrie+Eddie=Moreddi ...Hilarious!

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
11/01/2023 11:59 pm  

"Who made that furniture in Denmark remains unknown ?"

Not unknown. There is a great Moreddi archive in the Getty Museum in LA. While Moreddi catalogs did intentional withhold names of both designer and maker, there are a number of letters between Morey and Ed that talk about trips to visit various manufacturers in Denmark. Among the contracted makers were Rasmussen (possibly MJ, who made the King Frederik chair), Randers, Skovmand&Andersen, Gemla (Sweden), Gustav Bahus (Norway), Uldum, Kristensen and Thomassen, and Odense Stol and Mobelfabrik.

So they worked with a variety of manufacturers; not cabinetmakers but also not bottom-end stuff. Price points were certainly  a key consideration.

One interesting part from the letters is that Moreddi was very close to getting exclusive West Coast rights to all of Wegner's Salesco designs, taking over from Lunning on the East Coast and Zacho on the West. Apparently Salesco was unhappy with how sales were performing for those two are were shopping the rights around. The letters never explained why/how these talks fell apart.

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
12/01/2023 10:13 am  

very interesting, cdsilva, thanks for writing this. I saw the chair in person, and I felt an immediate difference in quality with for example France & Son. The armrests were nice, I have to say, but the construction of the back, and the quality of the teak used for the back was not as good as you see in France and Son pieces. That's overall a nice chair if you can get a nice upholstery, but I think it will never stand comparison with France & Son. That's at least based on my taste. Have a good day !

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
13/01/2023 12:46 pm  

What happened to @minimoma? An idea anyone? Don't believe there was a name change to @deleted ...

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
13/01/2023 5:22 pm  
Posted by: Herringbone

What happened to @minimoma? An idea anyone? Don't believe there was a name change to @deleted ...

That is very odd/strange..

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
jonnym
(@jonnym)
Estimable Member
14/01/2023 11:29 pm  

just checked into the site and found i was banned ... again.

it's a fucking joke and i suspect that @minimoma is furiously trying to find a way to get back in and this piece of shit site is not letting them. it's amazingly frustrating and, if we are honest, probably not worth the effort. 

the most frustrating thing is that you keep going to the login page (the logical place right?) but that is the one thing that doesn't work. just like sending an email to the forum mods doesn't work either. really annoying. you actually need to go to your profile and login there ... but how do you know that when there is fuck all info telling you what to do ... what a shit show.

and the real kicker is that this used to be a really cool forum with so many cool threads and a really great vibe. but now, what you are logging in to see ? three new posts per week ? what a fucking joke.

this forum is dying and no-one gives a shit.

i suspect that i will be banned again and, to be honest, i'm not sure i really care.

if that's the case, so long and thanks for all the fish 🙂

peace out,

jonny

p.s. if anyone knows of a better forum please let me know

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register