Design Addict

Cart

Vintage Milo baughm...

Vintage Milo baughman recliner 74 original upholstery?  

RSS

Greenhilly
(@greenhilly)
26/04/2021 2:58 am  

I recently purchased what appears to be a vintage Milo Baughman recliner 74/Thayer Coggin/James Inc. It is upholstered in black vinyl faux leather. The seller said she took it to be recovered but was told by the upholsterer that the vinyl was original and shouldn’t be removed. The vinyl is in really good  shape but...if it isn’t original I’d probably recover in something more to my taste. So, can anyone tell me whether black vinyl was an actual option for a Milo baughman recliner 74, and if so how to tell if it is original? Any info appreciated. 
Cheers,

Daniel

Raijin
(@raijin)
Trusted Member
29/04/2021 7:53 am  

I have not seen a catalog to prove it one way or another but I have seen at least 4 in black vinyl that all looked original to me. That recliner was made for several brands and I pretty much think that near any upholstery would be possible. I also think for that particular chair there is no great value in it having original upholstery. If anything ones with new upholstery and new foam sell for more. It was a pretty widely produced chair.

ReplyQuote
objectworship
(@objectworship)
Illustrious Member
29/04/2021 10:26 pm  

You already have your answer, tearing the chair apart is a costly mistake. Good luck.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register