Teak Blanket Chest ...

Teak Blanket Chest Identification  

RSS

havertz
(@havertz)
Trusted Member
23/08/2020 5:42 am  

Hello,

I was hoping I could get some help precisely identifying this teak blanket chest I acquired, I have seen it attributed to both Kurt Ostervig, and O Schjøll & B.K. Handest for Randers Møbelfabrik, however there does not seem to be a stamp anywhere. Please let me know what you think. Thank you! 

1598154168-940386513.jpg
1598154191-1.jpg
1598154227-1-1.jpg
This topic was modified 4 years ago 2 times by havertz

lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
23/08/2020 10:47 am  

@observatory_bkk.  The Danish Furniture Index says it is by O Schjøll & B.K. Handest. Made by Randers Mobelfabrik. Model 2568. No year given.

Their reference sources are

Designmuseum Danmark The Library, I 17695:10, The Furniture Fair Denmark 1966

and

Bruun Rasmussen 1541/957, www.bruun-rasmussen.dk. 26.02.2018

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
havertz
(@havertz)
Trusted Member
23/08/2020 11:19 am  
Posted by: lexi

@observatory_bkk.  The Danish Furniture Index says it is by O Schjøll & B.K. Handest. Made by Randers Mobelfabrik. Model 2568. No year given.

Their reference sources are

Designmuseum Danmark The Library, I 17695:10, The Furniture Fair Denmark 1966

and

Bruun Rasmussen 1541/957, www.bruun-rasmussen.dk. 26.02.2018

Thank you for the response. Sorry but I don't quite understand what you mean by "The Danish Furniture Index says"? I wasn't able to look through the index for some reason, but are you just saying based on the photos you can conclude that is the ID? Or did you contact them directly for me and ask? Anyway thanks again, sorry I'm so unfamiliar with all of this. 

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
23/08/2020 11:35 am  

@observatory_bkk. Apologies for the confusion. I should have typed "according to" the DFI. 🙄 

The Design Museum Denmark is currently closed for renovation until 2022. The Furniture Index ( DFI) is a search feature on that website. I contacted them recently ,via e-mail and was lucky to get a reply. They informed me that during the closure they will not be addressing any queries.

I also have had difficulty accessing the Index in the last few weeks but have decided to ignore "this site is not secure" notifications and eventually managed to gain access.

Perhaps you could contact Bruun Rasmussen and ask them for more information about the designers attribution.

It is definitely made by Randers Mobelfabrik and you can find marked examples on the Web.

Beautiful blanket chest BTW.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

havertz liked
ReplyQuote
havertz
(@havertz)
Trusted Member
24/08/2020 2:48 am  
Posted by: lexi

@observatory_bkk. Apologies for the confusion. I should have typed "according to" the DFI. 🙄 

The Design Museum Denmark is currently closed for renovation until 2022. The Furniture Index ( DFI) is a search feature on that website. I contacted them recently ,via e-mail and was lucky to get a reply. They informed me that during the closure they will not be addressing any queries.

I also have had difficulty accessing the Index in the last few weeks but have decided to ignore "this site is not secure" notifications and eventually managed to gain access.

Perhaps you could contact Bruun Rasmussen and ask them for more information about the designers attribution.

It is definitely made by Randers Mobelfabrik and you can find marked examples on the Web.

Beautiful blanket chest BTW.

Thank you so much. I was able to access the index finally, what a great resource. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register