Dr.Raum
(@dr-raum)
03/04/2014 5:28 pm  

need ID ,please help.

davestradamus
(@davestradamus)
03/04/2014 7:46 pm  

I have very similar chairs. ...
I have very similar chairs. Mine are marked "Yugoslavia" on the bottom of the seat. I suspect yours are eastern european "danish style" chairs.
Enjoy them! Mine are quite comfortable.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
03/04/2014 7:50 pm  

What Dave said,
and also, these are beech or something, not teak. They have a tinted lacquer finish to make them look like some other species of wood.

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
03/04/2014 9:25 pm  

Your chairs could certainly...
Your chairs could certainly be the Yugo ones. However, I have seen a few chairs of the same overall design except for some small detail differences.
I recently had a very similar chair to yours. At a glance, the two main differences are the seat cushion support (strap vs spring loops) and radius connections between the legs and "ski" armrests.
My chair had "Made in Denmark" stamped in red on almost every piece and had hidden keyhole joint knockdown construction.

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
09/12/2016 9:59 pm  

Here's an update which might not do a good job of clearing up too much.
While there are quite a few similar designs for these paddle or ski armrest lounge chairs, this listing in Furniture Forum 1959 for Rubee Furniture Manufacturing Corporation looks like it could be a match to the one I owned back in 2014. There is a listed designer on the page, Richard Himmel. However, all of the other pieces on this page have a different design style.
My best guess is that Himmel designed most (if not all) of the other pieces on this page for Rubee, who manufactured them in the U.S. However, Rubee may also have been involved in importing, and imported the "Sculpturelle" chair from Denmark. The chair/ottoman pairing was then tossed into this Himmel-designed group for the FF listing.
I have also seen that ottoman pop up a few times by itself, so it's nice to know that it is linked with this chair design.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register