rosewood desk ident...

rosewood desk identification  

RSS

jonnym
(@jonnym)
Estimable Member
28/12/2022 9:49 pm  

hi all,

i have no idea why but i was banned last time i tried posting (about 6 months ago) so haven't been on the site for a while... fingers crossed it doesn't happen again and happy to be back 🙂

can anyone help with the id of this desk ? sorry that the pictures aren't great but it is definitely rosewood. the chair is by Sven Ivar Dysthe for Dokka Mobler but i wasn't able to find anything corresponding to the desk.

found this coffee table ( https://www.pilgrimsprogress.co.uk/product/mid-century-rosewood-chrome-coffee-table-circa-1950s) that appears to have the same feet and similar wooden joint between the metal legs. it says that it was purchased at Heals of london.

any help, as always is much appreciated !

jonnym

1672260576-download-3.jpg
1672260608-download-5.jpg
1672260662-download-1.jpg
This topic was modified 1 year ago 3 times by jonnym

cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
28/12/2022 10:21 pm  

you weren't acutally banned. there was a glitch in the website that resulted in that notice popping up occasionally. If you had logged out and logged back in, it would reset that glitch.

From the long-distance photos, Dokka would have been my initial guess as well.

ReplyQuote
jonnym
(@jonnym)
Estimable Member
29/12/2022 1:28 pm  

thanks @cdsilva,

it was actually a few weeks of logging off and on where it didn't work. I even created a new account with a different email account and that was immediately blocked ... i wrote three times to the forum contact address without reply.

in any case, it seems to be working again now so no worries, glad to be back ... though i do wonder how many others have given up after being told they were banned. it was quite a frustrating experience and it was only on a whim that i tried logging on again yesterday.

anyway, thanks again for your help and i'll try logging off and on again if it happens again 🙂

cheers,

jonnym

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
01/01/2023 11:57 am  

@jonnym I rarely have that experience and usually I‘m not even locked in when it happens. But you’re absolutely right, it’s frustrating. Maybe @elizabeth can do something about it?

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register