Cart

rocking danish chai...

rocking danish chair to ID  

RSS

Ernest Rams
(@ernest-rams)
Famed Member
19/11/2017 2:22 pm  

Has anybody ever see this chair? The way the cane is built reminds me of a Bambi chair.

Thank you

Ernest
6_0.jpg72.jpg

Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
19/11/2017 2:39 pm  

Hans Olsen.

ReplyQuote
Zephyr
(@zephyr)
Illustrious Member
19/11/2017 4:25 pm  

Produced by Brdr Juul-Kristensen, Model 532, I think, and then later produced by DUX....

..... BTW, does anyone know, did DUX buy out Brdr Juul-Kristensen and their Hans Olsen designs, or other?

ReplyQuote
Ernest Rams
(@ernest-rams)
Famed Member
19/11/2017 8:30 pm  

nice... thank you! I wonder how difficult is to find someone that knows how to re-do the cane. I have seen it for sale and if the price goes down I might give it a thought. I am discovering Hans Olsen as a great designer.

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
20/11/2017 12:02 am  

Hans Olsen was a very good designer. I have always assumed that Dux was the importer in this case. Dux also imported pieces made by other companies.

I have re-caned three of these rocking chairs. Ironically they were all done back to back. Fun job.

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
20/11/2017 1:28 am  

Ernest, anyone who does a decent job of traditional caning should be able to do this chair with no problem. You don't need to find someone who specializes in Danish Modern furniture. It's all the same techniques, just slightly different patterns. And with this chair one can leave the original cane on one side then start on the other side and look at the original for reference if needed. It goes pretty quickly since it's not dense weaving.

ReplyQuote
Zephyr
(@zephyr)
Illustrious Member
20/11/2017 2:57 am  

Interesting, for some reason I thought Dux was a manufacturer too. Did they mostly import then?

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
20/11/2017 4:47 am  

Manufactured and imported. More manufactured.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register