Illustrious Member
04/09/2018 1:45 am  

A Nordic annulus?

ReplyQuote
Ernest Rams
(@ernest-rams)
Famed Member
04/09/2018 10:08 am  

A google image search with that word does not retrieve similar objects...

Maybe a toy for kids?

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
04/09/2018 1:27 pm  

I was joking Ernest, I don't know what it is but it could possibly be a decorative object. The word annulus was the first thing that came to mind, a flashback from grade school geometry class which is one or more circles sharing a center point. Concentric circles have been around for eons found as petroglyphs in ancient caves or cliffs, the layout of the Stonehenge and many other places worldwide and believed as having symbolic meaning possibly cosmological or spiritual to ancient cultures. Plato in Ancient Greece also described the legendary Atlantis as having 3 concentric circles in plan. Maybe the Vikings or the Scandinavian region has a thing too with annulus.

ReplyQuote
Ernest Rams
(@ernest-rams)
Famed Member
04/09/2018 1:38 pm  

ah ok :-). Well google search with any word like "concentric circles wood nordic" or any variation of this never bring the misterious object up. I still think it might be scandinavian because of all other danish and swedish small objects that are part of that household.

Cheers

Ernest

ReplyQuote
Ernest Rams
(@ernest-rams)
Famed Member
04/09/2018 6:37 pm  

From te same vendor, start to suspect might not be all Scandinavian...

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
04/09/2018 7:10 pm  

Bojesen from hell. Man, this is frightening.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Ernest Rams
(@ernest-rams)
Famed Member
04/09/2018 11:00 pm  

Hallo Herringbone... indeed I could not find it, so it might be a replica. As likely this other monkey part of the same collection.

Going back to the original post, I suspect that's a toy.

Cheers

Ernest

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
04/09/2018 11:33 pm  

Well, yes. Either a toy or a decorative object. Maybe even a transition took place from one to the other. But I don't think that there is anything more to it. Unless you find out that it is an old wooden tv antenna.

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
05/09/2018 10:01 pm  

The Bojesen ape was knocked off a LOT. Mostly in Japan. You see a lot of the Zooline ones around but there were others, too, The ear/eye construction is where most of the differences are.

And now here are now Chinese copies--new ones that look identical to the casual observer---on the market. Ebay has listings for them on a regular, constant basis. Ugh. (Also Jacob Jensen vikings.)

ReplyQuote
Ernest Rams
(@ernest-rams)
Famed Member
06/09/2018 12:10 am  

Thank you for explain, spanky. It must be an ensemble of mixed objects those that I saw for sale.

Cheers

Ernest

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register