Niels Moller Chairs...

Niels Moller Chairs 80 Copy?  

RSS

Browkin
(@browkin)
Famed Member
31/07/2021 8:21 am  

Dear folks, 

I find on the market this chair set which look very alike to the Moller chairs, model 80. 

But J. L. Moller confirmed they are not from them. Does anybody know who the designer / manufacturer 

might be here? Many thanks in advance for any hint!

1627712519-modestfurniture-vintage-1925-niels-moller-model-8004.jpg

Browkin
(@browkin)
Famed Member
31/07/2021 8:23 am  

Next pic..

1627712594-Pic-1.jpg

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
31/07/2021 9:49 am  

@browkin. What a coincidence: @reamie posted the same question yesterday about another set of chairs like yours. ( though the pics she posted are no longer visible ??!! )

These chairs pop up now and then in Google searches and none have ever been marked or attributed to a designer or maker.

I did find a set for sale,unmarked, and the seller claims they are German ,in the style of Moller,  Model 80 and the frames are stained beech.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
Browkin
(@browkin)
Famed Member
01/08/2021 11:53 pm  

@lexi: Thank you for your comment. Something tells me they could be from Lübke, Germany. I will do some further research next days. The set I had was rosewood and also unmarked, but definitely from the midcentury. So, not just a later copy of the Moller chairs 80. 

ReplyQuote
freedhh
(@fredhh)
Trusted Member
20/08/2021 3:48 pm  

Hi, it's definitely Lübke Germany.

ReplyQuote
Kyle Barrett
(@kyle-barrett)
Illustrious Member Moderator
21/08/2021 5:22 pm  

Yes, definitely Lubke. They also had a nice seagrass backed version. But putting them near and 80 you can see the difference in design and why I think all Møller designs are so much more attractive. The back legs on these up through the stile are all perpendicular and just lean off at the top. Whereas with all Møller designs, and plenty of other Danish designs the legs splay so rather than ever being perpendicular they're at 75 degrees rather than 90 degrees and the lean into the backrest happens much lower in the stile and mirrors or reverses the angle below the lean, so it's at 105 degrees. Those angles are all guesses, but I hope they demonstrate what I mean. The taper is also more accentuated on Møllers.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register