Design Addict

Cart

Need help ID this c...

Need help ID this chair!  

RSS

user_120
(@user_120)
09/05/2021 12:04 pm  

Anyone who knows what this is? It has many similarities with some chairs from Yngve Ekstrøm and Alvar Aalto but I haven’t found this exact chair anywhere. There are no markings. The covers are not original (obviously).
Any help appreciated!

Per

1620554662-51BE03A1-A40A-4629-9526-C4A5F6863A5C.jpeg

wesemael
(@wesemael)
Noble Member
09/05/2021 3:12 pm  

user_120 either the lappalainen  pulka or the ikea Vilan (alos by lapalainnen)  depending on  the ficture at the side and back

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
09/05/2021 4:34 pm  

@wesemael. I see you are still getting good information from those Ikea catalogues !

When I first found the link to them, I spent many hours looking through the images, so much so I don't think I want to look at another Ikea catalogue for some time. Mind you, if this pandemic/Covid situation continues for much longer, I might find it amusing to go through them again.

A while back I had bookmarked a link to the Asko museum ID help section and they provided another link( also bookmarked) to their archive drawings, which was great. Unfortunately they have redesigned their site and my saved links do not work anymore. 😪  Such a pity. I am sure they can be accessed somehow but I have yet to figure it out. 🧐 

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

ReplyQuote
user_120
(@user_120)
09/05/2021 4:54 pm  

Thanks a lot! I did some googl’ing and I think it is the Lappolainen Pulkka. It used to have the 4 buttons in the middle and it looks a little different than the IKEA Vilan as far as I can see. Thanks again!

ReplyQuote
wesemael
(@wesemael)
Noble Member
09/05/2021 5:02 pm  

@lexi i do get good info from your link although i knew this one with the "screws"alanscrew? hexagonal screw? (inbusbout) on the side I had just got it at home and given the construction doubted it was a real lapalainen given the screws. A high"end"dealer showed up for a artifort chair and was drawn to the "lapalainnen" i pointed at the screws(inbusbout) and asked if he was  sure He was and bought it  and left me with the artifort  Later i found another and bought and cheked with him if he was really sure he was so i bought it give his reputation I sold that one it a a auction catawiki   later i saw that chair at ebay/marktplaats (bought to big for my home was the text) The buyer later phoned me and he had opened the cushion at the head and there was a label IKEA  Vilan So he said no lapalainnen!!!! i want my money back wich i did also gave him a lamp because he complained about the cost of travel. When he went away i said next time when you buy online better measure if it fits your home.   

i also phoned the high end dealer tot tell him to chek the cushion since it was a IKEA Vilan 

he got very mad at me  Hence the name"vilan"  seems very approriate   😉 

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
09/05/2021 5:38 pm  

@wesemael. Great story... "you live and learn" as they say.

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
09/05/2021 6:01 pm  

@wesemael.@user_120. Searched the Asko museum site again. Found the  Lappalainen chair. (They will be restoring the Q&A section, which I found very useful, later this year )

Link to the site for the Asko drawings; there is a search function .

https://finna.fi/Search/Results?lookfor=ASKASKPR&type=AllFields

EDIT.

https://finna.fi/Search/Results?filter%5B%5D=%7Eauthor_facet%3A%22Lappalainen+Ilmari%22&lookfor=ASKASKPR&type=AllFields&page=2

2nd ink is to the page with this chair ;drawings as per image I posted plus some other photos with more measurements.( you will have to scroll down)

An image of the Lappaleinen chair with measurements.

ps; another site/archive to get lost in. Enjoy. 😉 

1620576107-asko-chair-finna-lapallaainen.jpg

ReplyQuote
wesemael
(@wesemael)
Noble Member
09/05/2021 6:09 pm  

@lexi thanks i think he has the real (not IKEA ) one give the angle off the feet and is see no "ïkea" screw on the side

1620577069-vilan.jpg

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register