Cart

Mobilia Owners, a h...

Mobilia Owners, a humble request....  

RSS

Zephyr
(@zephyr)
Illustrious Member
21/09/2017 1:17 am  

If any of you DA folks out there have a Mobilia Magazine collection, I am asking to see if any one has either of the following issues:

- Mobilia 121-122, Aug-Sep. 1965

- Mobilia no. 79 1962

I am trying to identify my teak credenza that I just purchased. I strongly suspect that it was designed by Ib Kofod Larsen for Brande M

DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
22/09/2017 1:06 am  

Don't have the issues you are mentioning but look who is hiding behind the swan!

Mobilia #131/132 June July 1966.

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
22/09/2017 2:40 am  

Nice! So the DFI listing is actually for the second image.

ReplyQuote
Zephyr
(@zephyr)
Illustrious Member
22/09/2017 4:50 am  

I kind of expected that to be the case, because I am pretty sure that the other sideboard shown there, is the black and white photo of the Ib Kofod Larsen for Faarup M

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
22/09/2017 5:25 am  

Hey, I am curious about the solid teak sides. Can you show some photos of that?

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
22/09/2017 5:58 pm  

I have Issue 79. I am away for the weekend but will be back on Sunday and will take a look. Is there a pg. number referenced?

ReplyQuote
Zephyr
(@zephyr)
Illustrious Member
22/09/2017 6:20 pm  

Leif, I have not looked at it since picking it up. I will take a closer look and get some pictures posted this weekend. I certainly could be wrong, but I looked pretty hard, and did not see any edge banding, seams, etc. Stay tuned.

Jesgord, that would be awesome. Take your time, no rush. They did not site a page unfortunately.

ReplyQuote
jesgord
(@jesgord)
Illustrious Member
24/09/2017 5:52 pm  

I think the furnitureindex has it right.

ReplyQuote
Zephyr
(@zephyr)
Illustrious Member
25/09/2017 3:37 pm  

Thanks Jesgord!!

Yeah, I think it is clear now that the index was correct in everything, except including that one picture of the Faarup sideboard. This page also explains the variations in configuration that I saw when researching. It made sense that there would be teak and rosewood versions, but all the different configurations threw me off a bit.

Leif, as usual, you were right. I started refinishing the top of the sideboard, and figured out that the sides are veneered lumber-core. The veneer seems to have been laid on top of the edge-banding, which is what threw me off. The back is finished, and the veneering was very well done, so the only place you could see the unfinished edge and the lumber core, is on the bottom side.

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
25/09/2017 5:44 pm  

It makes much more sense that the sides would be a dimensionally stable substrate. I am surprised that they are lumbercore, both because it sounds very likely the top is particle board substrate and 1966 seems late enough that the factory would have gone to particle board by then.

I am glad you got this rather extremely rare piece and are restoring her!

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register