Is this Sibast ?

Is this Sibast ?  

Page 4 / 7
  RSS

leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
02/01/2021 4:39 pm  

and if you stepped back there was a Ditzel chair in the room.  

1609601947-5AE66129-EC2D-4222-8D99-8274D95D4D65.jpeg

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
02/01/2021 4:47 pm  

One of the nice features of the new website is being able to easily see what members have posted through their profile page. So anyone passing through can view a poster’s history and determine for themselves how useful or worthwhile their contributions are.

It is my mistake that I waited so long to review aaronny’s post history. 

ReplyQuote
mvc
 mvc
(@mvc)
Illustrious Member
02/01/2021 4:55 pm  

For sure there is nothing wrong with Austrians, @zephyr, it was just a joke, maybe only understandable for Austrians and Germans.

ReplyQuote
wesemael
(@wesemael)
Noble Member
02/01/2021 6:01 pm  

and @mvc there were some great Austrians like alfred adler who dubbed the term inferiority complex

and @aaronny  @zepyr there is a reason why the koppels didnt use their furniture in the pavilion or the house of their niece they  were  very modest wich  is for some difficult to understand (not zephyr off course)  but who a i a fan off catalogues not a Junky my favorite catalogue is deDSM-IV wich i prefer over the V due to the changement in definition off narcissistic character disorder

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
02/01/2021 6:23 pm  

Oh, I certainly think I understood the joke about Austrians.  Outside of Europe I think the joke usually tends to just be made about Germans. In the USA we seem to fail to remember that our own past and indeed present is a racist inspiration for many.  

My point is that in a thread in which Aaronny has evidenced numerous intellectual failings to the point of being abusive, offensive and defamatory, we have ample opportunity to judge him by the content of his character and not offer joking insults about his nationality, which are in turn an offensive reflection on the joke maker.  

ReplyQuote
mvc
 mvc
(@mvc)
Illustrious Member
02/01/2021 6:38 pm  

It's not worth worrying about aaronny's behavior, you should only joke about it and not get angry.

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
02/01/2021 6:47 pm  

I remember being thankful when Ted Koppel finally retired.

ReplyQuote
mvc
 mvc
(@mvc)
Illustrious Member
02/01/2021 6:48 pm  

Who the buck is Ted Koppel?

Edit: I figured it out in the meantime.

ReplyQuote
Zephyr
(@zephyr)
Illustrious Member
02/01/2021 8:41 pm  

...and just to be clear, when you @zephyr, you are not calling attention to Mr. Renner, you are sending me an email that I was mentioned on this forum.  My name is Jeff and I have no connection to Z.R., only a reverence for Chaucer and warm breezes, dating back 25 years, .... still, I am happy to be called back to the forum from time to time, as I do truly love what this forum once was, and seems to be getting back to.

I will make this comment though, wasting any time on @aaronny is only playing the fool's game(which can only be won by a fool).  This guy/gal is clearly a turd that could/should have been flushed early in this post, .... probably one of the unscrupulous dealers selling knock-off Juhl Cheiftans for $10K, that members of this forum outed as pirates earlier this year?

... or maybe just another individual not held enough by their mother as child, who is going to 'share' their insecurities with the world, starting on this forum.  Whatever the case, not worth anyones time, unless you are their therapist and getting paid handsomely.

That is all, carry on....

mvc liked
ReplyQuote
mvc
 mvc
(@mvc)
Illustrious Member
02/01/2021 8:59 pm  

@zephyr 

Sorry Jeff, apologies, so welcome back on stage! 😀 

All the best

Marie

ReplyQuote
aaronny
(@aaronny)
Eminent Member
02/01/2021 9:06 pm  

Thank you for all, I'm leaving.

ReplyQuote
Zephyr
(@zephyr)
Illustrious Member
02/01/2021 9:10 pm  

@mvc

No apology necessary, I am far enough removed from the discussion at this point, that it would be difficult for anyone to know, other than the stalwarts like cd, tktoo, spanky, leif, Herringbone, dr. P, Mark, wesmael, etc.

...besides, you called me back to the conversation, which I do appreciate.

ReplyQuote
mvc
 mvc
(@mvc)
Illustrious Member
02/01/2021 9:33 pm  

@aaronny

Use the new year for some self-criticism, it doesn't hurt.

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
04/01/2021 6:57 pm  

Hello.  I see @tktoo2 you think this chair it's ugly, can you maybe share your thoughts if you like ? Do you people think it's worth any investment given that it might turn out to be nothing really special, or maybe even not Danish ? There these two elements, the armrest and the way the backrest is connected to the legs, that still make it not super cheap to make in my (un)experienced view.

The lead to be a Koppel chair is interesting, and I really wonder how wrong could be the Hvidt attribution as there is one chair with a backrest that is similar to the Koppel butterfly chair, also with no screws on the back...

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
04/01/2021 8:02 pm  

@andersen, I'm flattered by your interest in my opinion of the chair in question!

I'm not sure I would use the term "ugly" to critique its design. "Unresolved" (a favored if lazy catchword of art school instructors) might best summarize the awkward, almost conflicting design elements involved. The cumbersome positioning of the stretchers, ungainly reverse splaying of posts,  prominent floating "T" back panel, unnecessary and distracting nodule at the arm-to-post joint, all add up to too many divergent details for one cohesive design.

All this of course is entirely subjective. It may be that future aficionados deem the chair to be a masterwork ...but I doubt it.

mvc liked
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 7
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register