Is this Sibast ?

Is this Sibast ?  

Page 2 / 7
  RSS

aaronny
(@aaronny)
Eminent Member
31/12/2020 10:32 am  

@andersen  , you must not take everything seriously what Leif is saying, he always parrots everything he has overheard somewhere, even if it doesn't belong to the topic, whether that's true or not is written in the stars.  His first sentence is funny: There are quite a few other Koppel piece that are ultra rare and not recognized as their designs. 🤣 

ReplyQuote
leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
31/12/2020 11:22 am  

@aaronny I did not qualify that statement that there are Koppel designs not publicly recognized as such with a sign of doubt or speculation because I know it to be factually true. I have period documentation showing such designs.  I endeavor to write on the basis of facts when I represent something as true. I also clearly indicated that it is a speculation, my speculation, that the design might be by Eva and Nils Koppel.  

ReplyQuote
mvc
 mvc
(@mvc)
Illustrious Member
31/12/2020 3:15 pm  

@andersen

I once saw the chair as attributed to Hvidt/Mølgaard, but it's a long time ago and I can't remember where.

ReplyQuote
aaronny
(@aaronny)
Eminent Member
31/12/2020 3:53 pm  

Indeed a nice chair.

1609440347-sedia.jpg

1609440362-sedia2.jpg

1609440422-sedia3.jpg

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
01/01/2021 1:11 am  

There is another design/construction detail that points to the Koppels: the wooden connection between the rear leg and the backrest is something that is seen on many of their Slagelse chairs and it is a fairly unusual detail.  Of course someone else could have done exactly the same....

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
01/01/2021 1:25 am  

This chair here for instance has been a long time credited to Ib Kofod Larsen when in fact it was designed by Eva & Nils Koppel for Slagelse Møbelværk.  Same backrest connection although there are screw holes to the rear, which is a substantial difference.  

https://www.lauritz.com/sv/auktion/ib-kofod-larsen-laenestol-af-amerikansk-eg/i4378716/

ReplyQuote
aaronny
(@aaronny)
Eminent Member
01/01/2021 11:46 am  
Posted by: leif ericson - Zephyr Renner

This chair here for instance has been a long time credited to Ib Kofod Larsen when in fact it was designed by Eva & Nils Koppel for Slagelse Møbelværk. 

https://www.lauritz.com/sv/auktion/ib-kofod-larsen-laenestol-af-amerikansk-eg/i4378716/

Is there a reputable source that the Lauritz-chair was designed by Eva Koppel? Is there a reputable source that proves that Eva Koppel designed just one piece of furniture that was relevant to classical modernism? No, there isn't.
Eva Koppel was an architect, and together with her husband she built single-family houses in the conventional style, then some public buildings in the brutalist style, filigree design cannot be seen in any of her works. In the house of her brother-in-law Henning Koppel, which she built and which is now inhabited by Henning Koppel's daughter Hannah Koppel, there is not a single piece of Eva Koppel furniture.
Why not? Because apart from a few insignificant pieces she has not designed any.

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
01/01/2021 3:47 pm  

Of course there is a reputable source that indicates the chair is a Koppel design or I would not have  stated it as fact.  

The relevant point right at the moment in this thread is that the rear leg is connected to the backrest with a block of wood that looks the same an the unknown chair.

This Koppel chair previously mentioned in the thread also has the same connection and without the screw holes to the rear of the leg making it an even better comparison.

1609512457-BFCEA57C-B421-4866-BBE7-B77F089BC49A.jpeg

ReplyQuote
aaronny
(@aaronny)
Eminent Member
01/01/2021 4:11 pm  

Don't just talk about the source, just name it. Alley-oop!
Maybe you should put on your glasses, the block of wood connected to the backrest doesn't look the same, it's designed differently.
And furthermore, on old photos of the Langelinie Pavilion, which was built by Eva and Nils Koppel, you can see a lot of MCM furniture in the interior, but not a single furniture design by Eva Koppel is included. What could be the reason? Well?

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
01/01/2021 8:53 pm  
Posted by: aaronny
Posted by: leif ericson - Zephyr Renner

This chair here for instance has been a long time credited to Ib Kofod Larsen when in fact it was designed by Eva & Nils Koppel for Slagelse Møbelværk. 

Is there a reputable source that the Lauritz-chair was designed by Eva Koppel? Is there a reputable source that proves that Eva Koppel designed just one piece of furniture that was relevant to classical modernism? No, there isn't.
Eva Koppel was an architect, and together with her husband she built single-family houses in the conventional style, then some public buildings in the brutalist style, filigree design cannot be seen in any of her works. In the house of her brother-in-law Henning Koppel, which she built and which is now inhabited by Henning Koppel's daughter Hannah Koppel, there is not a single piece of Eva Koppel furniture.
Why not? Because apart from a few insignificant pieces she has not designed any.

Odd statements being posted in this thread. I had not previously heard the theory of the Koppels having all their furniture designs incorrectly attributed to them.

Here are two ads from Dansk Kunsthaandværk in 1950 that clearly attribute coffee table and dining chair designs to the Koppel(s). The designs were significant enough to be focal points for advertising in 1950.

1609531010-05C00004-D087-43B2-8C2B-7BCB4097C505.jpeg
1609531042-310BF384-1D15-4372-A689-AB13AB3255EE.jpeg

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
01/01/2021 9:01 pm  

I’ll leave to others the observation of chair similarities to the original inquiry of this post.

ReplyQuote
aaronny
(@aaronny)
Eminent Member
01/01/2021 9:08 pm  

@cdsilva ,  many thanks, indeed a stunning coffee table. 🤣 

I can literally feel how Leif is desperately looking for evidence, he probably writes umpteen emails to surviving descendants, because you can always find some idiot who remembers things that never existed, with a glorified view of the own family history, and that is then taken as ultimate proof. There are plenty of examples of this, read about it in this forum during the past years.
Or he finds some furniture magazine of that time in which an unsuspecting editor has written some nonsense.
Let's be surprised.

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
01/01/2021 9:21 pm  

He has had the Kunsthaandværk volumes for a while, and made reference to these ads earlier in this post.

I’m still confused by the statement that the Koppels did not design any furniture of significance.

ReplyQuote
aaronny
(@aaronny)
Eminent Member
01/01/2021 9:31 pm  
Posted by: cdsilva

I’m still confused by the statement that the Koppels did not design any furniture of significance.

In any case, I'm not aware of any, except for a few banal items. As shown in the ad.

ReplyQuote
aaronny
(@aaronny)
Eminent Member
01/01/2021 9:53 pm  

@cdsilva ,  apropos ads and catalogs, I have a book from 1958 about German and Scandinavian furniture design (I'm from Austria) and there is sometimes an unbelievable nonsense in this book, really unbelievable.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 7
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register