ID Danish chairs

ID Danish chairs  

Page 6 / 6
  RSS

Raijin
(@raijin)
Trusted Member
18/09/2021 5:06 pm  

I was a designer, never an artist. I don’t have to be an artist to appreciate art even at a fairly high level. The same is true is music, someone can have a passion for it without actually being a musician. As JohnJohn says it is hard to make it in art, I knew when there was little place for me to go up that it was time for a change. I am happy doing what I am doing now.

ReplyQuote
tktoo2
(@tktoo2)
Illustrious Member
18/09/2021 5:58 pm  

@raijin, The definition of 'success' here is also of course subjective. @johnjohn knows this intuitively, I suspect, but for some reason can't/won't substantiate their point ...whatever it is.

ReplyQuote
dustdevil
(@dustdevil)
Eminent Member
20/10/2022 12:49 am  

I was just going through a Mobilia and came across a pictorial of various designers clowning around on their designs. Included was this picture of Kjaernulf on top of a case he designed for Bruno Hansen.

1666219741-6281F8A8-8B94-4C99-97A4-BEEA3078CBDE.jpeg

ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
20/10/2022 6:08 pm  

@dustdevil Thanks a lot, this is spectacular! Could you somehow send me or post a better photo? Which issue of Mobilia is it? And which designers are pictured besides Kjaernulf? 

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
dustdevil
(@dustdevil)
Eminent Member
20/10/2022 9:10 pm  

The Mobilia is from late 1961, and is a very funny pictorial of many of the top designers of the day clowning around on their designs with humorous descriptions.

These editions I have are bound by a university library archivist, but I will try to get good pictures of the whole feature and post them.

Raijin liked
ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
21/10/2022 9:29 am  

@dustdevil This would be rad. I've been looking for a picture of Kjaernulf for a couple of years now, made big efforts to no avail. So I'm looking forward to a good Kjaernulf photo but also to the whole feature. What you already posted looks very promising. 

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register