Cart

Elisabeth chair by ...

Elisabeth chair by IB Kofod Larsen  

RSS

Skapinn
(@skapinn)
29/07/2023 1:03 pm  

Dear Community.

I´m interested in selling an original Elizabeth chair, bought in Denmark approx. 1966. 

I´ve had a few requests but I can´t see, find or missing the stamp “C”on it that I have seen on a few chairs on sale with the “C” and some not.
It´s been upholstered in Hallingdal by Kvadrat (ca. 30 years ago) 

I´m posting a few pictures and if anyone can assist me with an identification on the chair or if it is an original chair, do hope so.

I believe the chair is authentic based on the woodwork and origin.

https://flic.kr/ps/42HX1W

All help appreciated Adi. 

1690628639-IMG_0056.jpeg
This topic was modified 10 months ago by Skapinn

Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
31/07/2023 11:04 am  

@skapinn I don't see a reason to doubt your chair is original. This is certainly not a design that would have been copied 1:1 in Denmark back in the days. Nice chair.  

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

ReplyQuote
Andersen
(@andersen)
Noble Member
31/07/2023 5:13 pm  

Why would they not copy this model ? Plenty of famous pieces have been copied back in the days, especially Hans Wegner. Back in the 50es a Danish magazine published an article about two fakes of the papa bear chair made in Sweden ! Koford Larsen was not less famous than Wegner. It’s an amazing chair that -especially in leather - sells for high prices. The construction should tell if it’s original or not. Post more pictures if you like. Those who doubt might just want to push you to get lower in price 😉 

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register