Cart

Eames chair DCM leg...

Eames chair DCM legit?  

RSS

mmalvar4
(@mmalvar4)
21/02/2024 10:31 pm  

Hey everyone,

Super new to this forum. I'm currently in the market for some new dining chairs and found these Eames DCM's in Walnut. Was wondering if these look like authentic DCM's from these photos. From what the seller has told me, these are dated back to the 1980s.

https://imgur.com/vGp0sNq

https://imgur.com/q5708Dk

https://imgur.com/AAmyVw8

https://imgur.com/LPNcN5g

https://imgur.com/2micK3N

1708551093-00R0R_jT2XF7zQtE7_07K0ak_1200x900.jpg

tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
22/02/2024 12:07 am  

ReplyQuote
tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
25/02/2024 4:27 pm  

@mmalvar4

I tried to help you out by taking a few moments to offer my honest and informed opinion. I even welcomed you to the Forum! You read it and couldn't be bothered to at least acknowledge my response.

This forum is meant to foster a friendly exchange of information, personal knowledge and opinions. If, in the future, you should seek help here again, perhaps add a dash of cordiality to your query?

Thanks a bunch.

mark737 liked
ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
25/02/2024 5:01 pm  

@tktoo. Well said.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

tktoo liked
ReplyQuote
tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
25/02/2024 5:56 pm  

@lexi

I've been abstaining from alcohol going on nearly two months now.

That's my excuse for any crankiness and I'm sticking with it!

ReplyQuote
lexi
 lexi
(@lexi)
Illustrious Member
25/02/2024 6:25 pm  

@tktoo

"Good on you" as we would say in Ireland. I could do with a detox myself ! Not to make myself more cranky but for the sake  of my liver.

Your "crankiness" was well justified IMHO.

Knowledge shared is Knowledge gained

tktoo liked
ReplyQuote
mmalvar4
(@mmalvar4)
25/02/2024 11:39 pm  

@tktoo

Hey there, Im sorry if I came off rude in any way. I did not mean for it to come off like that. Thank you for your honest opinion

ReplyQuote
mark737
(@mark737)
Illustrious Member
26/02/2024 6:02 pm  

@tktoo @lexi  Yes, I don't get the people who post a question here, get a helpful reply, and then never respond.  I don't see that on other forums.  Anyway, strange coincidence but I was planning to begin abstaining as well, starting today.  Couldn't do "Dry January" because it's the height of the NFL season, and then February was out because of a trip to New Orleans.  So now, with all reasonable excuses exhausted, we will give it a go.   Best of luck to you both!

tktoo liked
ReplyQuote
tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
26/02/2024 8:14 pm  

@mark737 @lexi

All this talk of quitting drinking has me pining for a pint. Potential health benefits aside, I'm unsure if I can honestly recommend it. I am sure, however, that my lovely would.

But perhaps the funniest nugget in all this is that the OP has been following along from the shadows and as recently as today. Yet, nothing but crickets.

C'mon, @mmalvar4! You're still welcome here!

ReplyQuote
mmalvar4
(@mmalvar4)
26/02/2024 8:29 pm  

@tktoo

Hey there, Im sorry if I came off rude in any way. I did not mean for it to come off like that or to mean any disrespect to anyone. I really appreciate the help in authenticating. 

tktoo liked
ReplyQuote
Herringbone
(@herringbone)
Illustrious Member Moderator
27/02/2024 10:21 am  

@tktoo Just keep in mind: Sometimes, just sometimes, it’s my fault. New members who post here for the first time have to get their first three posts approved. So it can happen, that the OP does post a reply but I just don’t manage to visit the forum that day or the next day to approve it. That way it keeps being hidden from everyone just like the tons of spam posts about betting companies and car dealerships and what not. I think in this particular case @mmalvar4 may indeed have been a little late to the party or didn’t bother to reply at first but did so eventually. We appreciate it, all good.
What bothers me even more is when new members ask for an ID, forget to post a picture and if reminded to do so, never return to complete their request. 

"People buy a chair, and they don't really care who designed it." (Arne Jacobsen)

mark737 liked
ReplyQuote
tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
27/02/2024 2:02 pm  

@herringbone

Thank you for explaining. I was not aware, obviously.

@mmalvar4

Apologies are due. Sorry for having a bit too much fun at your expense. No offense intended.

Did you end up seeing the chairs in person?

ReplyQuote
mmalvar4
(@mmalvar4)
27/02/2024 9:48 pm  

Saw the chairs in person and purchased em! Needs some repairs on the shock mounts but it gives them character @Tktoo

tktoo and Herringbone liked
ReplyQuote
tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
01/03/2024 5:41 pm  

@mmalvar4

"Needs some repairs on the shock mounts..." Been there, done that myself.  Perhaps too many times. But another good sign of authenticity!

Happy to hear they are now yours.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register