Design Addict

Cart

Charlotte Perriand ...

Charlotte Perriand ‘les arcs’ first edition?  

RSS

Majorisost
(@majorisost)
16/10/2019 9:20 am  

Hi all,

I recently bought a set of chairs. The seller told me it are Charlotte Perriand first edition chairs. 

Does somebody has experience with these chairs? Is this chair a replica or a real? How can we see the difference? 

Kind regards

1571210455-C5A3FDF5-FCE5-4CAA-9055-A4F8C363B7A1.jpeg

_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
16/10/2019 4:45 pm  

In the book Chairs 500 published by Phaidon, the book mentioned that although Charlotte Perriand was one of the several architects who designed the Les Arcs ski resort in France including the selection/specification of the furnishings, the chairs were ordered from a manufacturer called Dal Vera but does not confirm that the chairs were actually designed by Perriand. 

ReplyQuote
wesemael
(@wesemael)
Noble Member
16/10/2019 8:26 pm  

see

https://designaddict.com/community/main-forum/Anyone-know-real-story-behind-Les-Arcs-leather-sling-chair-stool2096/#post-14091

not perriand confirmed and by tehe by a classic hoax or false atribution

ReplyQuote
Reamie
(@reamie)
Illustrious Member
21/10/2019 11:45 pm  

Wow, I never knew that! It’s so widely attributed to Perriand I never questioned it, thanks for sharing that!

ReplyQuote
Scandi-Style
(@scandi-style)
17/02/2020 7:06 pm  

Unfortunately these are not even Dal Vera originals. They are copies of the Italian chairs was used in Les Arcs.

I also thought they were originals when I found my pair, but there are slight differences, and I have been told that they were never manufactured by Dal Vera with a black frame.

If someone can discredit this I would be more than happy!

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register