Design Addict

Cart

Authentic Milo Baug...

Authentic Milo Baughman Thayer Coggin Burl Wood Table?  

RSS

katiemm
(@katiemm)
09/01/2021 5:59 pm  

Hi there! I was hoping someone would be able to help me identify whether this is authentic Milo Baughman? it is being sold as such but the dimensions are 14" (w) x 18" (d) x 16" (h). It doesnt have any markings inside and of all the burl wood cubes i've found on firstdibs etc, I haven't found one the same dimensions so I'm unsure.

It also doesn't have any markings or stickers attached which concerns me. Is this a replica?

Any help greatly appreciated!

1610211574-Mil-Baughman-2.png

katiemm
(@katiemm)
09/01/2021 6:00 pm  

This is the underside which doesn't appear to have any written markings or stickers on

1610211605-Milo-Baughman.png

ReplyQuote
mark737
(@mark737)
Illustrious Member
09/01/2021 6:38 pm  

Pretty much every burl table from the 60's and 70's is attributed by sellers to Baughman, or at least listed as "in the style of".  Unless the seller has a Thayer catalog showing it, or can point to other tagged examples online, I would assume it's not by Baughman.  If you like the style, go ahead and buy it, but don't pay a Baughman price.    

ReplyQuote
katiemm
(@katiemm)
09/01/2021 6:59 pm  

Hi Mark, 

Thank you for your response! I have contacted Thayer in the hope that they might be able to authenticate it. The seller is offering it for £400 which if it is Baughman is a bargain but maybe is a bit overpriced if not, considering I won't be able to sell it on as such if I wanted to resell later on. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register