Design Addict

Cart

Real Wassily Chairs...

Real Wassily Chairs?!  

RSS

nbelanger
(@nbelanger)
16/12/2015 9:23 pm  

Hi there - I'm pretty new to this site and the Wassily chairs in general! I saw a Craigslist post for these chairs, and after some research, found that there is quite some history to them. I love the look and design - beautiful! Someone posted two chairs for $500 on Craigslist, and if what I'm reading is correct, that's a steal if they are the real deal. Can someone take a look (I know the photos aren't not great) and let me know if these were made by Knoll?
The seller said they were purchased in SF in the 70's -- very vague! If these are real, I'll hop in the car now to be the first one there!
Thanks!

Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
17/12/2015 1:32 am  

Hello.
Provide pictures of the screws and end-caps on the tubes...and a picture of your grandparents. $500.
Hi,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
17/12/2015 3:27 pm  

ok.
Ask seller to describe the attachment screws. They should be hex screws in a gun metal finish (not chrome). And the ends of the chrome tubes should have no end-cap seam. They should be perfectly seamless. Try to post a photo of those two areas, if possible. Happy holidays, and don't forget to feed the birds.
Best,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
nbelanger
(@nbelanger)
17/12/2015 10:48 pm  

Thanks for both of your responses!! Well the end caps do seem to be seamless, from the photo attached. The hex screws are flesh, but are NOT gunmetal - they look chrome. Drat - sounds like they're not the real deal then!! Thanks for your help!

ReplyQuote
Mark
 Mark
(@mark)
Illustrious Member
17/12/2015 10:54 pm  

They are Knoll.
Best,
Aunt Mark

ReplyQuote
nbelanger
(@nbelanger)