Cart

Kjersgaard credenza...

Kjersgaard credenza confirmation / DUX sofa confirmation  

RSS

M_Dennis87
(@m_dennis87)
Noble Member
20/05/2015 5:49 pm  

I'm looking to purchase two items that I'm having a tough time confirming their makers on...First up is the attached tambour door credenza that I've found attributed to Aksel Kjergaard Odder at a few different locations but have my doubts on.  The legs are attached to the frame but some wing nuts and a corner bracket, and the particular example I'm looking at actually has 5 legs.  The back is finished which is generally and good indication that it's a high quality piece, but the MADE IN DENMARK stamp is very generic bold black caps lettering that I've seen on lower quality stuff.Second up is this sofa that I've only found one other example of that been labeled as DUX.  I don't know if it looks familiar to anybody, but please let me know if anybody has any info on either piece.  Thanks.

leif ericson - Zephyr Renner
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
20/05/2015 6:44 pm  

I am skeptical that the credenza is Kjersgaard.  First, I can't imagine why a different mark would have been used instead of the standard Kjersgaard mark. Second, it doesn't really quite look like a Kjersgaard; there is a vague resemblance, but not quite. Third, the construction doesn't look right for a Kjersgaard (not better or worse, just different).  And I own one Kjersgaard case piece for comparison.
It is a very good looking credenza though, and doesn't look low ne to me, at last not in the photos I've seen so far. 

ReplyQuote
bj
 bj
(@bj)
Illustrious Member
20/05/2015 9:16 pm  

Sideboard could've been made by Nipu/Denmark.
The finished back suggest this was made for sitting in an (landscape) office,Nipu was a producer of office furniture who used a lot of tambour doors.

ReplyQuote
M_Dennis87
(@m_dennis87)
Noble Member
20/05/2015 11:01 pm  

Maybe, but it felt much more residential than commercial, especially with the mitered edges that would be very prone to chipping in an office environment.  This is in comparison to other Nipu pieces I've seen with a slab top as well as Risom pieces that you typically see with side panels that rise above the top.

ReplyQuote
DrPoulet
(@drpoulet)
Illustrious Member
21/05/2015 12:45 am  

I agree, your credenza is probably not from Kjersgaard. As Leif said, Kjersgaard's furnitures are clearly stamped with "Aksel Kjersgaard Odder Made in Denmark" and a ref. number.

I can see why one could think of AK as they have a full line with a similar base and tapered legs. I believe this line has been designed by Kai Kristiansen. Might be a possibility to explore...

ReplyQuote
M_Dennis87
(@m_dennis87)
Noble Member
21/05/2015 9:07 pm  

Any for the sofa?  Anybody recognize it?

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
23/05/2015 7:33 am  

The Danish Furniture Index says that it is Erik Ole Jørgensen for Georg Jørgensen.
https://aleph-01.kb.dk/F/2MG1PPQPME3419FKEVJXLXXDDII2XPHHU69R2BYHPNSVXJY...

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
23/05/2015 7:39 am  

Specimen marked Dux, and Ljungs Industrier (the Ljungs family owned Dux). I don't know if it is a slightly different design than above. Or if it was made for a Dux by the Georg Jørgensen. Or if Erik Ole Jørgensen designed another sofa for Dux that is very similar.
https://auctionet.com/en/31221-soffa-dux-erik-ole-jorgensen-1960-tal/ima...
Let us know what you find out.

ReplyQuote
(@leif-ericson)
Illustrious Member
23/05/2015 7:45 am  

The index could also be wrong. It seems Wright20 thinks it is E. Ole Jørgensen for Dux, and I would say a Wright20 could be relied on not to be wrong.

ReplyQuote
M_Dennis87
(@m_dennis87)
Noble Member
26/05/2015 4:59 pm  

Thanks for all the great info. Unfortunately it just didn't work out with buying either pieces. Probably not a bad thing since I don't have any room anyways but I really it had worked out. Anyways, thanks for the info once again.

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register