Design Addict

Cart

Help ID this Danish...

Help ID this Danish made leather sofa  

RSS

Joseph Maker
(@joseph-maker)
14/09/2013 8:54 pm  

I found this kicked to the curb with the seat cushions missing. I've spent too much time trying to google my way to IDing it. Please help. Once I can identify, I want to make replacement cushion(s) for the seat. I'm hoping somewhere out there is a photo of another with original seat cushions shown. Based on other pieces of design work, my current best guess is Mogens Hansen. It's shown here only because it's the nearest example of "draped" leather cushioning I can find. The cushions on my find literally lay over the back and sides and invisibly zip in place around the outside sides and back.

bj
 bj
(@bj)
Illustrious Member
15/09/2013 3:54 am  

It looks more Italian to me?
Something like Cinna, B&B Italia or Busnelli?

ReplyQuote
Joseph Maker
(@joseph-maker)
16/09/2013 10:15 am  

Italianish yes, but
Here's the only mark I can find on sofa which is a sticker centered on the dust cover on the bottom. And the great news to the saga is I managed to track down the missing cushions.

ReplyQuote
Joseph Maker
(@joseph-maker)
16/09/2013 12:44 pm  

How to self ID danish furniture
google translate the same useless English search terms you've been banging for days on end into Danish, and search them, viola.
Immediately found it in the image results, then searched again in English for the designer's and a maker's names:
output: "The Lotus originally came out around 1960 - 1961. It was designed by Nils Bendtsen for Eilersen Furniture."

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register