Design Addict

Cart

French Modern Chair...

French Modern Chair ID help! Motte? Guariche? Richard?  

RSS

thesheriff
(@adham-the-sheriffgmail-com)
30/01/2016 11:12 pm  

Acquired these fantastic what I believe to be French modern chairs recently, but cannot for the life of me find anything on the maker/designer.
They are very similar to some JOSEPH ANDRE MOTTE or PIERRE GUARICHE designs, maybe even Alain Richard....
Very thin rectangular steel tubing, two small allen bolts hold the back rest on each side...very simple and minimalist French design....but maybe it could be Italian? Help!
Any ideas?

vintagestique
(@vintagestique)
Prominent Member
30/01/2016 11:42 pm  

These are the SM07 dining chairs from the Japanese series by Cees Braakman for Pastoe

ReplyQuote
thesheriff
31/01/2016 3:00 am  

Thanks so much, so excited to finally find the designer and the manufacturer - been driving me crazy!
Do you know a good web reference for learning more about the series, designer / manufacturer?
Best,
AE

ReplyQuote
vintagestique
(@vintagestique)
Prominent Member
31/01/2016 8:57 am  

The manufacturer still exists: www.pastoe.com
Here are a couple of pages from the catalogue.

ReplyQuote
thesheriff
31/01/2016 9:02 am  

Amazing. Thanks for much for sharing those pages from the original catalogue - that is fantastic information and much appreciated.
A very nice set of chairs...I noticed some online have variations in the screws on the sides, some had flathead screws that protruded a bit from the frame (my examples had allen hardware that are completely flush).
Thank you again vintagestique!

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register