Design Addict

Cart

Any info on this ma...

Any info on this manufacturer... I can't seem to find much.  

RSS

Chad Mellon
(@chad-mellon)
28/09/2016 12:36 am  

Found this danish style midcentury desk that a neighbor was throwing out.
His grandma used it as long as he could remember. Pretty neat vibe with well loved but in good shape wood and legs. Drawers flow like a dream.
Tried to find info on the company on the tag... please let me know any info that you might know about this particular manufacturer.
Thanks.

Spanky
(@spanky)
Illustrious Member
28/09/2016 1:50 am  

http://episcopalnews.ladiocese.org/dfc/newsdetail_2/3167644
Frederik Richard Selje III was born in Los Angeles. He graduated from Cranbrook Academy of Art, known as the cradle of modernism and the community of such reknowned architectural designers as Saarinen, Eames, and Knoll.
After college, he founded an architectural design and manufacturing firm creating modern office furniture and equipment. Among other innovations, he designed one of the first L-shaped desks, and his company pioneered the open office landscape in the United States. The name Feldman-Selje Corporation ranked with such names as Herman Miller and Knoll.

ReplyQuote
Chad Mellon
(@chad-mellon)
28/09/2016 2:38 am  

Wow... thanks Spanky.
Funny bc when I typed in his name I kept getting the same page as you sent... but when I saw it was for the Episcopal Church I assumed it was the wrong guy.
This little blurb on his life is very helpful and I am not sure which generation the the L-Shaped desk I have but that is exactly what this desk is. Very excited to know where it has come from and that it is in fact an interesting designer piece with a rich history.
Thanks again.
Chad

ReplyQuote
Chad Mellon
(@chad-mellon)
28/09/2016 2:46 am  

Incredibly strange that as I look up the firm and designer all I get are the lawsuits and bankrupcy dealings of the organization. There is no mention anywhere except that one Episcopal Church page about him or his company. To be on the level of Knoll and Herman Miller... you would assume there might be some history/photos/websites that discuss his work.
Wonder why the black out on info?

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register