This chair is believed to be produced in 1905 by Josef and Jacob Kohn furniture Company in Wsetin, Austria and designed by the legendary Josef Hoffmann. Hoffman designed several pieces for the Kohn factory at the beginning of the 20th century. The design of this beech wooden dining chair is a typical combination of Hoffmann’s Art Noveu style together with his trademark use of simple geometry. Due to the simplicity of it’s form and the quality craftmanship of this chair, it is as modern now as it was a hundred years ago. This item is in great vintage condition. The frame has been strengthened in a recent restoration that has fully revived the the beautiful patina on all surfaces. The entire piece has been hand finished by Shellac and Nitro varnishes in order to achieve a greater gloss finish.
1905’s Dining chair by Josef Hoffmann for J. & J. Kohn
A shipping quote will be available to you via email, once you have purchased your order
This chair is believed to be produced in 1905 by Josef and Jacob Kohn furniture Company in Wsetin, Austria and designed by the legendary Josef Hoffmann.
9 people are looking at this product
DESIGN ADDICT'S COMMITMENTS
- Best price: same as in gallery
- If you are not happy with the product, we reimbourse you!
- Payment 100% secure
- Worldwide shipping with specialized carriers
Any questions ?
|Dimensions||42 × 38 × 90 cm|
|Location of item||Czech Republic|
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Offer Sent! Your offer has been received and will be processed as soon as possible.
- Error: Insufficient offer! Please make a new offer.