Gino Valle, architect and founder of the firm, was born in Udine in 1923.
He graduated at the IUAV in Venice in 1948 and then entered the office of his father Provino, continuing his activity with Studio Architetti Valle.
In 1951 he is granted a Fulbright Scholarship and studies at Harvard Graduate School of Design in Cambridge (U.S.A.), achieving a Bachelor of City and Regional Planning.
From the end of the 1950s he was consultant in product design at Solari and Zanussi: thanks to his projects he was awarded the “Golden Compass” prize in 1956, 1962 and 1963; in 1995 he is awarded the same prize for his career achievements.
He was a member of the Education Working Group at lCSID (1963-67), becoming its vice-president in 1967 and 1971.
In 1964 he achieved full professorship and, from 1967 to 1971 he taught in many universities in Europe, South Africa and at Harvard in the U.S.A. In 1972 he became an associate professor of architectural design at the IUAV in Venice and in 1977 a full professor, teaching until 2001.
A member of the Academy of San Luca since 1975, he was awarded the Antonio Feltrinelli Prize for Architecture by the Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei. In 1993 he became a Honorary Fellow of the American Institute of Architects and in 2002 he was granted the Silver Medal of The School of Arts and Culture awarded by the President of the Italian Republic. he died in Udine in 2003.