Cart

Help picking out le...

Help picking out leather hide for 2nd gen Eames Lounge Chair for reupholstry  

RSS

difeliciantonio
(@difeliciantonio)
Noble Member
06/07/2016 9:38 am  

hello everyone. long time since i have posted/bought anything since i now live in china for the current moment. (designing furniture for a few companies)
since we have a few factories connected to our company and import massive amounts of leather from Brazil, i have an opportunity of getting a hide for next to nothing so i can reupholster my chair as the large cushions are in bad shape and with wear to the armrest as well
since i am in china, and chair in climate storage over 8000 miles away, i am hoping for someone to help me out and take some close up pictures of the grain. maybe thickness of hide and any other things from there early Lounge chair that could help me pick out a passable replacement. i know its a smoother, shinny type of leather on the thin side as well but i just dont remember the grain definition etc
Any help would be much appreciated

_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
06/07/2016 9:35 pm  

http://www.hermanmiller.com/design-resources/materials/search-materials....
this may or may not help you.

ReplyQuote
difeliciantonio
(@difeliciantonio)
Noble Member
09/07/2016 11:20 am  

that would not help as i am trying to find a leather that best matches the leather of the early chairs which was much smoother had a different look/feel from what i have seen
but thanks for the link!

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register