Design Addict

Cart

Hans Wegner Easy Ch...

Hans Wegner Easy Chair hardware  

RSS

officegeek
(@officegeek)
20/02/2015 9:18 pm  

I am looking for a spare part for a c. 1960 Hand Wegner easy chair. I have one of the parts pictured for one side of the chair, but need another for the other side.I'm local to NYC and have been all over looking for a place that either stocks this or can reproduce it. No luck. Any advice?

tktoo
(@tktoo)
Illustrious Member
20/02/2015 10:13 pm  

I am unfamiliar with this particular chair, but the hardware appears to be a standard (possibly plated) socket head cap screw with a custom recessed spacer. The screw itself might be found "off the shelf" from a specialty fastener supplier like McMaster-Carr (once you determine specifics like length, diameter, thread pitch, etc.). The spacer may be more difficult if not impossible to source, though any small machine shop should be able to reproduce it easily.
I'd probably try to contact the original manufacturer first, if possible.

ReplyQuote
Danish-homestore.com
(@danish-homestore-com)
Illustrious Member
21/02/2015 8:12 am  

Hi, Getama still make the chair so contact them for spare parts direct or they may advise you of a local dealership that can help.
www.getama.dk

ReplyQuote
officegeek
(@officegeek)
26/02/2015 6:21 pm  

Thank you! Will try these.

ReplyQuote
juanearl
(@juanearl)
Reputable Member
26/02/2015 8:33 pm  

Try looking for a steel cup washer for the spacer.  Although, like said before, I'm not sure where you find one, but I know they exist.  Probably available in quanitities of 2 million from alibaba.

ReplyQuote
juanearl
(@juanearl)
Reputable Member
26/02/2015 8:42 pm  

Also a Joint connector bolt with the proper sized spacer behind it would work but would be slightly different in appearance.  

ReplyQuote
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register