cool idea [off topic]  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS

ite (BE)
(@ite-be)
Famed Member
01/03/2008 4:39 pm  

ctu.
Basically, this is the third thread according to the same recipe: post a picture of a young women and either salivate over/ thrash the girl.
What the hell does this have to do with design ? This violates two of the basic DA rules as judging the appearances of photos of women is NOT design related, and it is most certainly NOT courteous. Neither is posting pictures on the web of people without their permission (or even without their knowing ?)
I thought it was a one off at first, but this is the third post in a row. Is this the new DA style from know on ? If I want to read sites like this, there are plenty of stupid hate sites on the internet out there. Perhaps this makes me somewhat of a nitwit, but I did love the friendly and cooperative atmosphere on DA before.
Btw I would not be surprised or care very much if this whole silly thread will be removed by P & A when they come across it. As I dont necessarily think James publicly slashing his exes should be archived for posterity Remove away would be my vote anyhow.

ReplyQuote
Olive
(@olive)
Illustrious Member
01/03/2008 7:05 pm  

Whoah!
Relax people! So far no one has said a single filthy thing! I don't think anyone really plans to either. I'll readily agree that posting girlie pix is not wanted and a bit weird, but for heaven's sake we're just chatting here. No intention of altering the intent of Design Addict in any subversive way. And a chatty thread would be so much more interesting than endless threads about eames chair replacement parts and who has the the more original original.
However, since the reaction is so strongly negative by folks I respect here on DA maybe the idea must be tabled. I thought it was fine to just yak about stuff, knowing we'd end up adding in design chatter that might be more freeflowing than a thread reduced to one subject.

ReplyQuote
essai
(@alixdesignaddict-com)
Noble Member
01/03/2008 8:55 pm  

As years go by, a community...
As years go by, a community of people who appreciate themselves has been created on the forum, it is thus normal to feel the need to discuss other things than design. While insisting on our wish that the discussion are always courteous and that one avoids personal attacks, we are not opposed to more varied subjects of discussions. But we do hope that these subjects are a little more elegant than this one. However, to avoid disappointing our readers who come on DA mainly for design, it would be wise to announce in the title of the thread that it is off topic.

ReplyQuote
Big Television Man
(@big-television-man)
Famed Member
01/03/2008 9:56 pm  

As always
an informed, intelligent and reasoned response from our gracious hosts. Is there any wonder why P&A have such fierce loyalty from all of us who haunt this delectable forum. Three cheers for P&A

ReplyQuote
SDR
 SDR
(@sdr)
Illustrious Member
01/03/2008 10:26 pm  

While this
thread perhaps got off to a raunchy start, I wouldn't shout it down. Like any random conversation (or set of conversations) at a party where most of the people are acquainted with each other, I would expect to jump in when I have something relevant (?) to contribute. I would hope that was the intent here, and if so I say "partay". . .

ReplyQuote
James-2
(@james-2)
Illustrious Member
01/03/2008 11:21 pm  

Picture and ite
I removed the picture of the girl and will say this as loud as I can.....THIS WAS NOT MY REAL EX, I FOUND HER ON FLICKR WHILE SEARCHING FOR LOFT PICTURES AND USED HER TO STEER THE THREAD IN ANOTHER DIRECTION. 🙂

ReplyQuote
James-2
(@james-2)
Illustrious Member
01/03/2008 11:23 pm  

P.S.
P.S. The only way I would date her is if she has really good furniture.

ReplyQuote
Monochrome
(@monochrome)
Illustrious Member
02/03/2008 12:33 am  

Now that that this thread has degenerated into maudlin maundering...
Allow me to propose that the quintessence of midcentury modern,
interpreted as a female of the human species, would have been
Audrey Hepburn.

ReplyQuote
william-holden-...
(@william-holden-3)
Famed Member
02/03/2008 12:44 am  

Audrey was easy on the eyes
But I've always been irritated by her highly-affected elocution.

ReplyQuote
LRF
 LRF
(@lrf)
Illustrious Member
02/03/2008 2:28 am  

audrey was a mid century ...
audrey was a mid century gal!! but the mid century guy was Sinatra, you look at his homes his dress, the best years of his life, he truly to me was the mid century guy,
Get Julus Shulmans new books, you might get a hernia lifting them up!!! so heavy , and the bookstore that sent them to me on Amazon lost on that one , those books must have cost at least 20 bucks and they could only charge 3.99.
but any way they are so great cause they have the full documentation of mid century modern life . The best!!!!!!. 5 stars thumbs up!

ReplyQuote
James-2
(@james-2)
Illustrious Member
02/03/2008 10:03 am  

Katharine Hepburn's opinion...Video
Watch the video in the link, Another Hollywood starlette.
http://www.midcenturymodernist.com/2007/09/katherine-hep-1.html

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register