Page 2 / 2
  RSS

HPau
 HPau
(@hpau)
Illustrious Member
21/01/2011 1:12 am  

Things are almost back to...
Things are almost back to normal in Toowoomba,some shops are still repairing and replacing carpet etc. The towns in the Lockyer Valley are still pretty bad, the water has receded though. There were some funerals yesterday. The water has now moved south and has hit the state of Victoria. The real problem is the ground is so wet that if it rains much anytime soon it could happen again, we are in a la Nina weather pattern so its very possible.
There is still a huge amount of cleaning up and reconstruction to do in Brisbane and elsewhere, railways washed out etc. Of course politics has come into it now and its all about how it happend that water wasn't released from the major dam weeks ago and how its all going to be paid for.

ReplyQuote
NULL NULL
(@tpetersonneb-rr-com)
Illustrious Member
21/01/2011 4:09 pm  

Glad to hear things are impro...
Glad to hear things are improving. Can't fathom how hard that must all be to deal with day after day.

ReplyQuote
ball
 ball
(@ball)
Noble Member
22/01/2011 1:49 am  

I'm in Victoria...well will be
Hi Heath & all
I posted some months ago here about how I'd bought a holiday house in country Victoria and fortunately the floods seem to have bypassed where I bought but it was touch and go last week. Lots of diversions of traffic from around the surrounding areas.
I bought near Hamilton, if you were wondering.
I have my beloved Pastile chair at the front door just in case!

ReplyQuote
ModMeg
(@megmegmartin-com)
25/01/2011 11:42 pm  

thinking of you Aussies
Just wanted you to know that am sending good mojo your way and hoping for the best for you.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register