(@wcharles4)
Trusted Member
27/11/2016 2:11 am  

Thanks for the feedback Leif.

ReplyQuote
JeffHoff
(@jeffhoff)
02/12/2016 2:54 am  

Good news! I tried my hand in Dallas with various mid-century modern dealers and most suggested I try an auction, due to its rarity. I recently found the same table but with a wood top in terrible condition go for $3,000 at Wright auction house in Chicago. I contacted them and they were pretty excited to place it in their American Design auction February 16, 2017. Wish me luck, but I'm going to miss this gorgeous table.

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
09/12/2016 7:09 pm  

And another vintage reference with more info from Furniture Forum Volume 2 (1950).
I'm surprised how many early Risom pieces were offered in mahogany or oak (assuming FF got their info correct), neither of which I associate with Risom.

ReplyQuote
_
 _
(@deleted)
Illustrious Member
09/12/2016 7:51 pm  

Two good period books from 1950 for reference...not just Jens Risom's work but mainly the who's who at the time, from budget to high end, mostly American and some of the well known imports. Volume 1 was reprinted in the late 1990s or early 2000 but volume 2 is a bit harder to find. There was the usual confusion which one is the DCM and the LCM, DCW and LCW and strangely the work of Isamu Noguchi from the mid to late 1940's were not included in Volume 1.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register