I really couldn't have said it
any better myself. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
12/07/2013 4:54 am  

Saw this guy in a local...
Saw this guy in a local thrift store last night. I am not familiar with Noguchis, so just assumed it was a knockoff. I didn't take any measurements, but did take some photos so I could compare to legit images online. This table does have the slight curve at the top and bottom horizontal members. Are the below photos good enough to authenticate (or not), or would I need to go back and take precise measurements?
Pricewise, it seemed high for a knockoff, but low for an original.
Thanks.

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
12/07/2013 4:55 am  

photos 4 and 5

ReplyQuote
cdsilva
(@cdsilva)
Illustrious Member
12/07/2013 5:05 am  

I forgot to add . . .
. . . that there is a gap between the two wood pieces. I did not check to see if this was simply an assembly error, or if it supposed to be that way. Both legit and knockoff images I have seen online do not have this gap.
I also just noticed the closeup of the top leg, in which it appears that a walnut stain may have worn away at the edge. I did not notice this in person.

ReplyQuote
Kyle James
(@schefflerkylegmail-com)
Trusted Member
28/12/2015 2:46 pm  

So I recently purchased one of these tables also. I got it at a low price from a person who knew nothing about it's design origin. He said it was his family's and over 15 years old. The one thing that's weird is that my pin that connects the two legs is the exact one in ommcc's picture, but it is chromed and hollow through the middle. Did they change the pins over time? I don't have a pic of the pin at the moment but here are some of the table. Hope it's authentic. I must admit, I have little knowledge on Noguchi designs...but the price was too good to pass up!
All other aspects appear to be correct, thickness of glass, the nipple and flat edge. The measurements seem right also. It's just odd to see a chromed hollow pin, possibly made from aluminium, but hard to tell.

ReplyQuote
emendoza
(@emendoza)
13/08/2016 11:53 am  

I use to work at DWR in Santana Row, San Jose and always been in love with the Noguchi Coffee Table. Even with the employee discount, the cost of the table would still be over $700. I shopped around and ended up at All World Furniture and I practically saw the same coffee table with on a $395 price tag. The only difference? A noguchi printed Noguchi autograph on the edge of the glass. Same wood quality and dimensions as the original. And the thick glass top is just a heavy piece of glass.
https://www.allworldfurniture.com/125-isamu-noguchi-furniture

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:

If you need any help, please contact us at – info@designaddict.com

Working

Please Login or Register